Here you will find the Cheer Rules and Scoring for School/Rec teams competing at the SCA Battle Championships. Please click on the "General Information" link to view more information. Entry fee for each event is $75.00 per athlete when registered 30 days prior to the event or $85 per athlete.
The Southwestern Cheerleaders Association is a Proud Qualifier of the Open Championship Series and All Star Worlds. We follow the Open Championship Series guidelines. To view these rules, please use the links below:
* Time Limit: 2 minutes and 30 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds may be performed to music) * Cheer segment: Emphasizes a performance style cheer
> GAME PERFORMANCE * Time Limit: 2 minutes and 30 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds may be performed to music) * Cheer Segment:Emphasizes crowd leading ability
GAME TIME DIVISION
* Time Limit:3 minutes * Teams are evaluated on crowd-leading ability, skill incorporations, performance, motions, dance, and overall composition.
* All 4 segments will be performed consecutively. The order is as follows: (1) Game Time Dance - Focus on entertainment and crowd involvement. - Time starts with first beat of music or organized movement. - No stunting or tumbling is permitted. Jumps and kicks are allowed.
(2) Game Time Sideline Chant - Focus on the given cue and demonstrate an effective Defense or Offense response. - Teams should wait until the given cue is complete to show the proper response.
(3) Game Time Cheer - Focus on crowd involvement. - Use of props are highly encouraged.
(4) Fight Song - Focus on Traditional Fight Song and incorporation. - Stunts, jumps, and standing tumbling are allowed in the incorporation. Allowed up to three 8-counts. of incorporation and must be performed the same if repeated. - It is recommended that teams without an official fight song use a second selection of band chant music.
* Restrictions (1) Basket tosses or elevator sponge tosses are not permitted. (2) Single leg stunts are limited to liberties and/or liberty hitch stunts. (3) Inversions are not permitted. (4) Twisting dismounts are not permitted. (5) Running tumbling is not permitted. (6) Standing tumbling is limited to single back handspring or standing back tuck.
GAME DAY DANCE DIVISION * Time Limit: 1 minute 30 seconds * Wow the crowd with your performance * No stunts/tumbling/jumps allowed
Recreation divisions will follow the same routine format and rules and regulations (including additional restrictions for Elementary teams, Middle and Junior High School teams)
The American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administration (AACCA) has joined with USA Cheer. The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSA) and USA Cheer have released the high school changes for the 2021-2022 school year.
USA CHEER MUSIC INITIATIVE (for all competing teams)
USA Cheer has released their Music Copyrights Educational Initiative, and as a part of the Spirit community, we have committed to sharing the information and implementing these guidelines at all of our cheer camps and competitions effective immediately. This program has been designed to ensure that the cheer and dance team community is aware of U.S. copyright laws related to music.
There is a lot of important information for all of us - event producers, coaches, choreographers, cheerleaders and dancers. Below, you will find an additional resource that provides you with options for the upcoming competition season.
View the preferred providers list here. This is a list of music producers that can help your team with all your music needs.
Teams must be able to provide proof of licensing when registering. This may include: - Proof of Purchase from a Preferred Provider - If using a single song, receipt from purchase of a single song - If using an editor (editors do not have to be on the Preferred Providers list), they must be able to provide you with proof of purchase from a Preferred Provider and proof of licensing for all sound effects and voice-overs included in the mix.
Join our mailing list - never miss an update! Subscribe
PO Box 5352
Lake Charles, LA 70606